News article published on 15 October 2014 by Leah Rowe. Return to index
Machines supported in this release:
- Lenovo ThinkPad X60/X60s
- You can also remove the motherboard from an X61/X61s and replace it with an X60/X60s motherboard. An X60 Tablet motherboard will also fit inside an X60/X60s.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet (1024x768 and 1400x1050) with digitizer support
- See hardware/#supported_x60t_list for list of supported LCD panels
- It is unknown whether an X61 Tablet can have its mainboard replaced with an X60 Tablet motherboard.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T60 (Intel GPU) (there are issues; see below):
- See notes below for exceptions, and hardware/#supported_t60_list for known working LCD panels.
- It is unknown whether a T61 can have its mainboard replaced with a T60 motherboard.
- See future/#t60_cpu_microcode.
- T60p (and T60 variants with ATI GPU) will likely never be supported: hardware/#t60_ati_intel
- Apple MacBook1,1 (MA255LL/A, MA254LL/A, MA472LL/A)
- Apple MacBook2,1 (MA699LL/A, MA701LL/A, MB061LL/A, MA700LL/A, MB063LL/A, MB062LL/A)
Changes for this release (latest changes first, earliest changes last)
- Updated coreboot (git commit 8ffc085e1affaabbe3dca8ac6a89346b71dfc02e), the latest at the time of writing.
- Updated SeaBIOS (git commit 67d1fbef0f630e1e823f137d1bae7fa5790bcf4e), the latest at the time of writing.
- Updated Flashrom (svn revision 1850), the latest at the time of writing.
- Updated GRUB (git commit 9a67e1ac8e92cd0b7521c75a734fcaf2e58523ad), the latest at the time of writing.
- Cleaned up the documentation, removed unneeded files.
- ec/lenovo/h8 (x60/x60s/x60t/t60): Enable wifi/bluetooth/wwan/touchpad/trackpoint by default.
- Documentation: Updated list of T60 LCDs (Samsung LTN150XG 15" XGA listed as non-working).
- builddeps-coreboot: Don’t build libpayload (not needed. This was leftover by mistake, when trying out the TINT payload).
- Replaced most diff files (patches) for coreboot with gerrit checkouts (cherry-pick).
- Documentation: x60_security.html and t60_security.html: added links to info about the ethernet controller (Intel 82573).
- Documentation: x60_security.html and t60_security.html: added notes about DMA and the docking station.
- Documentation: configuring_parabola.html: basic post-install steps for Parabola GNU+Linux (helpful, since libreboot development is being moved to Parabola at the time of writing).
- builddeps-coreboot: use ‘make crossgcc-i386’ instead of ‘make crossgcc’. Libreboot only targets x86 at the time of writing.
- ROM images no longer include SeaBIOS. Instead, the user adds it afterwards. Documentation and scripts updated.
- docs/images/encrypted_parabola.html: Notes about linux-libre-grsec
- Documentation: encrypted_parabola.html: add tutorial for encrypted Parabola GNU+Linux installation.
- Documentation: added more info about wifi chipsets
Markdown file for this page: https://libreboot.org/news/libreboot20141015.md
This HTML page was generated by untitled static site generator.