News article published on 11 September 2014 by Leah Rowe. Return to index
6th release (pre-release, 7th beta)
- Released 11th July 2014 (pre-release) 1st beta
- Revised (pre-release, 2nd beta) 16th July 2014
- Revised (pre-release, 3rd beta) 20th July 2014
- Revised (pre-release, 4th beta) 29th July 2014
- Revised (pre-release, 5th beta) 11th August 2014 (corrected 11th August 2014)
- Revised (pre-release, 6th beta) 3rd September 2014
- Revised (pre-release, 7th beta) 11th September 2014
Machines still supported (compared to previous release):
- Lenovo ThinkPad X60/X60s
- You can also remove the motherboard from an X61/X61s and replace it with an X60/X60s motherboard.
New systems supported in this release:
- Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet (1024x768 and 1400x1050) with digitizer support
- See hardware/#supported_x60t_list for list of supported LCD panels
- It is unknown whether an X61 Tablet can have its mainboard replaced with an X60 Tablet motherboard.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T60 (Intel GPU) (there are issues; see below)
- See notes below for exceptions, and hardware/#supported_t60_list for known working LCD panels.
- It is unknown whether a T61 can have its mainboard replaced with a T60 motherboard.
- T60p (and T60 variants with ATI GPU) will likely never be supported: hardware/#t60_ati_intel
- Apple MacBook1,1 (MA255LL/A, MA254LL/A, MA472LL/A)
- Apple MacBook2,1 (MA699LL/A, MA701LL/A, MB061LL/A, MA700LL/A, MB063LL/A, MB062LL/A)
Machines no longer supported (compared to previous release):
- All previous systems still supported!
Revisions for r20140911 (7th beta) (11th September 2014)
- The changes below were made in a git repository, unlike in previous releases. Descriptions below are copied from ‘git log’.
- Update .gitignore for new dependencies.
- Use a submodule for i945-pwm.
- Don’t clean packages that fail or don’t need cleaning.
- Don’t clean i945-pwm, it’s not needed.
- Regression fix: Parabola live ISO boot issues
- Re-enable background images in ISOLINUX/SYSLINUX GRUB parser menus
- Regression fix: Re-add CD-ROM (ata0) in GRUB
- Documentation: add notes about performance penalty when using ecryptfs.
- Documentation: Fixed spelling and grammatical errors.
- Documentation: macbook21: add new system as tested
- Documentation: macbook21: add info about improving touchpad sensitivity
- Documentation: X60 Tablet: add more information about finger input
- Documentation: release.html: Add information about recently merged commit in coreboot
Markdown file for this page: https://libreboot.org/news/libreboot20140911.md
This HTML page was generated by untitled static site generator.