Return to index
Article published by: Leah Rowe
Date of publication: 9 March 2014
Revision notes (9th March 2014):
- recreated coreboot config from scratch
- GRUB loads even faster now (less than 2 seconds).
- Total boot time reduced by further ~5 seconds.
- Added crypto and cryptodisk modules to GRUB
- cbfstool now included in the binary archives
- Binary archive now have 2 images:
- With serial output enabled and memtest86+ included (debug level 8 in coreboot)
- With serial output disabled and memtest86+ excluded (faster boot speeds) (debugging disabled)
- Reduced impact on battery life:
- ‘processor.max_cstate=2’ instead of ‘idle=halt’ for booting default kernel
- coreboot.rom (faster boot speeds, debugging disabled):
- Disabled coreboot serial output (Console-> in “make menuconfig”)
- Set coreboot debug level to 0 instead of 8 (Console-> in “make menuconfig”)
- Changed GRUB timeout to 1 second instead of 2 (in grub.cfg
- Removed background image in GRUB.
- Removed memtest86+ payload (since it relies on serial output)
- coreboot_serial.rom (slower boot speeds, debugging enabled):
- Boot time still reduced, but only by ~2 seconds
- has the memtest86+ payload included in the ROM
- has serial port enabled. How this is achieved (from X60_source): Turn on debugging level to 8, and enable serial output
- (in Console-> in coreboot “make menuconfig”)
- (and build with grub_serial.cfg and grub_memdisk_serial.cfg)
Markdown file for this page: https://libreboot.org/news/libreboot20140309.md
This HTML page was generated by the untitled static site generator.