Return to index
TODO: this page could do with an update. More info, about more boards
This document lists product codenames for some hardware. Please note that just because a certain device is listed here does NOT mean that it is supported in Libreboot. For supported devices refer to the installation documentation.
A note on GPUs
Some laptops come with and without a discrete GPU (dGPU). Whether the motherboard includes one or not can be determined by (in descending order of reliability):
- often thorough disassembly and searching for the actual chip
- looking at white PCB markings near RAM slots / under keyboard and comparing with some known codenames (if not available FRU ID sticker) listed below.
- sometimes by looking at heatsink grills: on discrete GPU laptops these will look orange and on intergrated ones they will appear silver.
List of models and codenames
Asus Chromebook C201PA: speedy_rk3288, veyron-speedy
ThinkPad X60: KS Note (Sumo)
ThinkPad X60s (slim): KS Note-2 / KS-2 (Kabuki)
ThinkPad X60 Tablet: Dali (Same PCB as KS Note-2, different EC firmware)
ThinkPad X200: Mocha-1
ThinkPad X200s (slim): Pecan-1
ThinkPad X200 Tablet: Caramel-1
ThinkPad R400/T400: Malibu-3
- with discrete GPU (dGPU), at board revision 0: "MLB3D-0
- with only integrated GPU (iGPU), at board revision 0: “MLB3I-0”
ThinkPad T500/W500: Coronado-5
- with dGPU (radeon): “COR5D-0” (last number is the board revision)
- with only iGPU: “COR5I-0”
ThinkPad T400s (slim): Shinai-MV
ThinkPad R500: Waikiki-3
T6x (whole family): Davinci. They don’t have codename label in silkscreen so you need to use FRU label of the board, which is placed under RAM sticks.
- with dGPU (radeon): Magi-0 (last number is the board revision)
- with iGPU: Lisa-0
R60(e): RP-1, RP-2 - Rockwell / Picasso
With ThinkPads on Intel platforms newer than Montevina (Except T410), the codenames become more consistent. All boards have the following appended based on the type of graphics they have:
- with dGPU: SWG (SWitchable Graphics)
- with only iGPU: UMA (Unified Memory Access)
*Note that Intel platforms newer than Montevina are not supported by libreboot yet!. Currently only Calistoga and Montevina platforms are supported.
- These are the known model codenames:
- ThinkPad T410: NOZOMI-1 # EXT/INT
- ThinkPad T410s: SHINAI-2 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T420: NOZOMI-3 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T420s: SHINAI-3 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T430: NOZOMI-4 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T430s: SHINAI-4 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T520: KENDO-1
- ThinkPad W520: KENDO-1 WS
- ThinkPad T520: KENDO-3
- ThinkPad W520: KENDO-3 WS
- ThinkPad T530: KENDO-4
- ThinkPad W530: KENDO-4 WS
- ThinkPad T-series dock codenames:
- Advanced Mini Dock - Donatello
- Advanced Mini Dock (lacking SuperIO) - Donatello-lite
- Advanced Dock - Rodin
- Dock II - Aswan
- Mini Dock - Seville
- Port Replicator II - Seville-lite
- Calistoga: 945GM/945PM chipset family name
- Napa: calistoga based platform
- Cantiga: GM45/GS45/PM45 chipset family name. This is the chipset used in T400,X200 and similar.
- Montevina: cantiga based platform.
- PMH: the Power Management Hub is a gate array for managing the power up/down sequence. It is additionally tasked with extending EC’s I/O. Its later version was called “Thinker-1”, and eventually it was merged with PMIC (Rinkan) as ThinkEngine (Do not confuse it with EC chip which is also has ThinkEngine logo on ThinkPad boards)
- Kozak, Tsurumai, Rinkan: These are successive versions of power management ICs for Notebook PCs. Tsurumai chip marking is “TB62501F” and datasheet of it fully describes its operation.
- Many more Intel codenames can be found at Wikipedia.
- For ThinkPads see [Documentation/thinkpad/codenames.csv @ Coreboot] (https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/coreboot.git/tree/Documentation/thinkpad/codenames.csv)
Markdown file for this page: https://libreboot.org/docs/misc/codenames.md
This HTML page was generated by the untitled static site generator.